Best things to do in Barbados
Whilst you’re in Barbados you’ll want ways of saving time so you can see as much as you want, places which have special events on that you can’t miss and this post is going to give you the top 10 tips to the best time in Barbados.
- Use public transport – buses are amazingly easy to use and provide a good mode of transport around the island.
- You must visit the beaches along the West Coast, the white sand and luxurious sea are fabulous to bathe on.
- Snorkelling is great fun and you can do it on many beaches but we’d recommend snorkelling at Folkstone as we believe it gives the best experience.
- Wildlife reserves are great to visit, people don’t normally associate Barbados with beautiful wildlife, as people often visit for the beaches and the people’s culture but there are some fascinating sights.
- If you want to learn to surf or want to try Boogie boarding then the South Coast beaches are the places to be- we’d recommend Dover beach.
- Harrison Caves are a must. The famous attraction is an amazing gallery featuring stalactites hanging from the roof of the cave and ones that emerge from the ground. It has streams of crystal-clear water that drop from breathtaking waterfalls to form deep emerald pools.
- If you like the idea of seeing as much of Barbados as you can, then the drive from the North Coast down the East Coast is a must, you can stop at plenty of different incredible attractions along the way.
- Oistins Fish Fry on a Friday night is a must. On Friday night, the big thing to do in Barbados is to visit Oistins Fish Fry. The food is the best there is, excellent fish from Tuna to swordfish, lobster and glorious chicken. The setting is extremely informal and unique whilst the food is cooked right in front of you.
- Cheapside market on a Saturday morning is a great experience. It is the biggest market of its kind in Barbados. Vendors and farmers sell their clothing, craft, fruit, vegetables, fresh meats and other varieties of food.
- Mix with the locals – Arguably the best thing to do, the locals are energetic, welcoming and love to party. You won’t feel the full Barbados experience until you’ve mixed and met the locals, they’ll love you and it’s certain you’ll love them.
- Our most recommended tip would be to stay at Villa Des Anges whilst you’re looking for places to stay in Barbados, our luxurious villa is the perfect place for you to stay.